Johnny Depp Started Smoking & Drinking At The Age Of 12; Says, "I Was Poisoning Myself Beyond Belief"
Johnny Depp Started Smoking & Drinking At The Age Of 12; Says, “I Was Poisoning Myself Beyond Belief”

Johnny Depp is one of the most talented and renowned actors in the world. The Fantastic Beasts actor is making headlines every now and again because of the ongoing lawsuit against ex-wife and actress, Amber Heard.

Johnny Depp is celebrating his 57th birthday today but oh boy, does he even look a day older than 25? The Pirates Of Caribbean actor is aging just like a bottle of fine wine.

Johnny Depp once revealed his obsession with smoking, drinking, and drugs that he started doing at the very young age of just 12. Yes, you read that right. Can you imagine a 12-years-old kid getting indulge in all these activities?

Johnny Depp has really been through major traumas in life where he couldn’t make healthy decisions for himself. Sad, right? Depp was in a dark phase of his life and would poison himself with liquor because he felt very lonely.

In 1997, while talking to Vanity Fair, the Pirates of the Caribbean actor spoke about the early age addiction and said, “Oh, man, yeah. Johnny was unhappy then … It was a pretty dark time for me. I don’t know what was going on. Well, I was poisoning myself beyond belief. I’d eat that glass, man. There was a lot of liquor. A lot of liquor. I was pretty unhealthy.”

“I never wanted to be the guy people looked at,” Johnny Depp told The Boston Globe in 2008. “I felt I could only be myself when I was alone, that I turned into some kind of novelty. The only way I could get through that time was to drink.”

“I spent years poisoning myself,” he told Rolling Stone in 2005. “I was very, very good at it. But finally, I was faced with a critical decision: Do I want to continue to be a dumba** or do I want to not be a dumba**? It was best to stop. Now I look back and say, ‘Why? Why did I do that?’”

Although, Johnny Depp admitted that he never drank for fun but just not to feel anything at the moment. In 2004, while talking to Playboy, the Fantastic Beasts actor revealed that he abused alcohol. And later told Chicago Tribune that “I was never a cokehead or anything like that, I always despised that drug. I thought it was a waste of time, pointless. But I was poisoning myself with alcohol and medicating myself. I was trying not to feel things, and that’s ridiculous.”

Once upon a time, Johnny was a real thing at the box office but now his charm seems to lighten with time. And these lawsuits on lawsuits are making a hole in the Alice In Wonderland actor’s pocket. He made some huge money with the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ series, he once told the Hollywood Reporter that he was ‘overpaid’ and because of the certainty we might not get to see him in the next instalment.

Android & IOS users, download our mobile app for faster than ever Bollywood & Box Office updates!

The post Johnny Depp Started Smoking & Drinking At The Age Of 12; Says, “I Was Poisoning Myself Beyond Belief” appeared first on Koimoi.



from Koimoi https://ift.tt/3h5FWJf

Author

{picture#https://plus.google.com/u/0/117661151822405950648/posts?pid=6200167141310217234&oid=117661151822405950648} Professional Blogger and SEO. {facebook#https://www.facebook.com/zixhana} {twitter#https://twitter.com/Zixhan1} {google#https://plus.google.com/u/0/117661151822405950648/posts}
Powered by Blogger.