FRIENDS' Matthew Perry On Black Lives Matter: "Want To Learn To Be Better Ally For Every Black Person"
FRIENDS’ Matthew Perry On Black Lives Matter: “Want To Learn To Be Better Ally For Every Black Person”

FRIENDS’ ‘Chandler Bing’ Matthew Perry who recently joined Instagram has opened up about his views on the movement of Black Lives Matter. He took to his Instagram and shared a couple of photos along with a brief caption.

In one of his photos, we can see “Black Lives Matter” and in the other one, it’s written, “It’s a privilege to learn about racism rather than experience racism.”

His caption says, “Though I am from Canada, I am a white man living in America, which means I am privileged. I don’t know how to fix everything that is wrong, but I want to learn how to be a better ally for every Black person affected by systemic racism. I intend to put my money where my mouth is, but for now, allow me to say: #BlackLivesMatter.”

Apart from Matthew Perry, recently even Leonardo DiCaprio has joined the list of Hollywood celebrities who are voicing their opinion for the Black Lives Matter movement. “I commit to listen, learn and take action. I am dedicated to end the disenfranchisement of Black America, that has been present for too long,” he wrote.

The actor also appealed to his fans and followers to join the fight and donate. He listed four organisations, including the Fair Fight Initiative and the NAACP.

Matthew Perry and DiCaprio join a growing list of Hollywood celebrities who are donating to such organisations during the Black Lives Matter protests in the US. The movement got enraged in the US after the death of George Floyd.

Floyd, aged 46, died last month after Derek Chauvin, a white police officer, held him down with a knee on his neck though he repeatedly pleaded, “I can’t breathe”, and “please, I can’t breathe”. Chauvin has been arrested and charged with three-degree murder and manslaughter.

Android & IOS users, download our mobile app for faster than ever Bollywood & Box Office updates!

The post FRIENDS’ Matthew Perry On Black Lives Matter: “Want To Learn To Be Better Ally For Every Black Person” appeared first on Koimoi.



from Koimoi https://ift.tt/375ZVTv

Author

{picture#https://plus.google.com/u/0/117661151822405950648/posts?pid=6200167141310217234&oid=117661151822405950648} Professional Blogger and SEO. {facebook#https://www.facebook.com/zixhana} {twitter#https://twitter.com/Zixhan1} {google#https://plus.google.com/u/0/117661151822405950648/posts}
Powered by Blogger.